What’s New on the FSA Website
Week of August 14 - August 18, 2017
This page contains the latest in events, developments, and updates to the FSA website.
|August 14, 2017:||Press Conference by the Minister for Financial Services (July 28, 2017) (Available in Japanese)|
(The following public comments are available in Japanese)
|August 18, 2017:||Publication of the draft amendments to the “Order for the Enforcement of the Banking Act”
The FSA proposed the draft amendments to the “Order for the Enforcement of the Banking Act,” and relevant regulatory notices and supervisory guidelines.
The proposal aims to endorse the application of IFRS-based disclosure, reporting, and other regulations regarding the “Banking Act,” when a banking group voluntarily adopts IFRS.
|August 17, 2017:||Publication of the finalized amendments to the regulatory notice regarding the method of funding the policy reserve and the coefficients for calculating the amount of the policy reserve for long-term insurance contracts
The FSA finalized the amendments to the regulatory notice (Ministry of Finance Regulatory Notice No. 48/1996). The amendments apply the new standard mortality table as the calculation basis for the standard policy reserve. The regulatory notice was enforced on August 17, 2017.
(The following press release is available in English)
|August 18, 2017:||Updated list of issuers of gift certificates in repayment procedures based on the “Payment Services Act”|
- About FSAPage list
- Ministerial Team
- Annual Reports
- Financial Policies Monitor
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.